myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Thursday, November 24, 2011

YOUR SISTER IS RAPED!

It was fifteen past 7 in the evening when I thought of leaving for home from office. It was a usual day with lots of work and I was tired. My car was parked half a kilometer away from my office and I had to walk down to get it. On my way just when I was about to reach my car, two guys on a bike tried to hit me and passed a comment "baby come come". I decided to ignore them and quickly walked towards my car and started driving. After reaching my home, I couldn't control myself and started crying. I told my husband about what happened and how I drove fast and came home. He asked me to calm down and prepared tea for me. I stopped crying and started watching tv. But couldn't stop myself from thinking why I have to ignore such remarks? Is it not my right to feel safe and walk on the road without fear? I guess not!
                                          Next day it was a Saturday, so I planned to meet a few of my friends over lunch. I shared the incident, and was shocked to hear that sometime in their lives they have faced similar teasing and torture. This reminded me of some popular incidents like the Jessica Lal case where the accused and his two friends enjoyed for a long time till they were finally punished. Isn't the justice which gets delayed is actually justice denied? What about the popular Shivani Jadeja case where a young college going girl had to bear the burns of acid just because she denied friendship with a powerful guy. What happened to that? What about thousands of cases registered against rapes, tortures, stalking, eve teasing etc and lakhs that don't get registered because of so called society pressures? What about little kids who don't even know what a rape means? A news article that I read a few months back which said, "A 3 year old girl was sexually assaulted by her own uncle". Do we live in a society of PERVERTS? Is this what we call as "Women Empowerment"?
                                       My dad always recite some Hindi shlokes in the praise of Goddess, "या देवी सर्वभूतेषु शक्तिरूपेण संसिता नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमोह नमः " which means, "O goddess of power I fold my hands in your praise". Every women is powerful because they gave birth to you. Even those eve teasers and stalkers who are a nightmare in some girl's life. Every Navratre, the nine forms of Goddess is being worshiped. However, we forget that every women is made of those 9 forms of Goddess. Are those rituals and customs a sham? Are they not real? Do you actually don't respect women and we are just an object because these acts only show how you all look at us. Yes Us! But You all have forgotten that the fire in which you are burning other women, it is a possibility that your own mother, wife, sister, daughter also get burnt in it. There is a possibility that someday you receive a call which says, "YOUR SISTER IS RAPED"! What will you do then? The answer is with YOU! Yes, the answer is only with YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment