myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Being us

All these years, I have grown older. And growing older makes your heart grow colder. So I guess I was more practical and materialistic than ever. Hence most of the events or festivals stopped affecting me anymore. Then came Christmas. As a child this particular festival held a lot of importance in my life. We used to celebrate Christmas in school and I always used to become fairy in the school play. At home, my mama used to become santa and gave us gifts. Us, me and my all brothers & sisters. Prachi di (aka cuta), Pratyush (aka boney), Janhavi (aka sona), Shivangi (aka gungun), Devika (aka mishti) and me pallavi ( aka mona). Christmas was that time of the year when all we little junkies wanted to eat burgers @ our favorite mc donalds and have super fun with each other. But those days were gone so far that getting them back today seems to be a rare dream. Today, when I sit in my house watching Home alone on my Tv, I realized how fun childhood was, when we all were together without any ego or clashes or for that matter cold hearts.
All these years I guess none of us actually thought about those gone days and those memories. All we have thought about is misunderstandings and mis communications that have happened and that too without anyones fault. This leaves me with a thought to wonder. We all are in this world for a few years. God gave us all our relatives and specially brothers and sisters for one reason. You know what that reason is? It is because He doesn't want us to be ALONE. Yes that is the most scary word and I am sure everyone is afraid of this word. I don't know If I am making any sense to anyone, specially my brothers and sisters. But here is what I want to say, "Guys, we were so better off when we were kids. We were atleast there for each other no matter what. @Prayi- Do you remember how We used to go together to school on ur kinetic and talk about career and our future plans? @Boney- I don't know if you remember how close friends we were. I guess we shared everything and anything. We were best friends and you are my oldest best friend of all seasons. @ Sona- I know you are busy with your new Job and all the rush in your life but hey do u remember how you were the little poker in our lives? @Gungun- As kid you were our little cat with your cute smile and your little nose. Do you remember all your demands and we all like crazy used to fulfill all of them, @mishti- She is the lucky one to be still innocent and in school. She is and will always be the princess of our small family". By writing this I don't mean to poke in anyone's life and decisions. But all I want to ask is, "Don't you guys miss being "US"?

No comments:

Post a Comment